Tuesday, November 26, 2013

233: Italian Veggie Stew



Yes, I know I disappeared for a bit there. Weekendternship is almost over, but the shifts are getting a little more difficult for me. Thankfully Thanksgiving is approaching, meaning a few relaxing days, probably some cooking, and an excuse to use up the last of my shares. Dear family, I hope you like potatoes.


Mmmm. So honestly, this stew is at least 1/3 about the bread. Maybe more. Get good stuff. I followed this recipe from Bon Appetit- halving it- which still made a ridiculous amount of stew for one person.


I'm generally not a tomato soup- or at least tomato in soup that's not tomato soup- fan, but this gets a lovely earthy sweetness from the collards and kale. My only sub was to use mushroom broth instead of veggie, as that's what I had. Next time I'd probably even add mushrooms, as I think they'd work well here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment