Wednesday, November 13, 2013

222: Leftover Squash and Sage Quinoa


I had some acorn squash kicking around my fridge, leftover from making that soup (which, by the way, got a little bitter as it sat around in the fridge), and was in need of a quick lunch. I boiled up some quinoa, throwing a few (maybe 4 or 5?) sage leaves in with the grains, and let it work while I took a shower. I considered throwing some of the squash in there, but knew that I wasn't going to be using it all up this on the one lunch, and wanted there to be as much flexibility for the meal component as I could.

When it was done I mixed some with the pieces of squash- being somewhat careful about my stirring, as I didn't want to completely mash up the squash pieces. Topped with a healthy bit of black pepper and a little more salt. Simple and comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment