Sunday, July 21, 2013

60 & 61: Pickle Party


Had a little pickle party for myself last week. Wanted to let them sit and, well, pickle for aabout a week before trying. The first and third are the same recipe from Etsy, the middle is from Smitten Kitchen.


The results!


I'm not in love with either, honestly. There's something off about the snap peas- I'm not sure what it is- there's a weird flavor memory I can't place. Maybe it's the fact I used regular vinegar. 

The zucchini was a little more successful- but the spices are a little too aggressive.

Notes for Improvement: I'm not sure how to fix these, or what exactly I don't like about them. The best thing I can think of is to try a completely different recipe and see if I like that more. Or just redo the zucchini and tone it down a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment