Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dish 51: Escarole, Peach and Feta Salad


What do I have left today? Escarole and a little cinnamon basil (that honestly isn't doing well. something will be done with that tonight). Got home a little late last night and went searching for escarole salad recipes. Not sure what I searched to get this recipe to come up, but glad I did.

I made a few adaptations while sticking pretty closely to the original: feta instead of goat cheese and a nectarine instead of a peach. My vinaigrette was garancha wine vinegar, rice vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.

Assembled at work. It was delicious. A little overboard on the sweet- the bitterness of the escarole got lost amongst everything else- but not unpleasant. It was basically a salty sweet nectarine showcase. The salad ended also up being a little stabby (i.e. I had to stab my fork in to get all the bits that had fallen to the bottom), but I didn't terribly mind.


Notes for Improvement:
- A little less sweet next time (to get a nice balance- it was almost there though). Once again, it would be helpful to eat these at home so I can adjust.
- Chopping up the walnuts and nectarine a bit finer could fix the stabby problem
- Do more savory/sweet salads

No comments:

Post a Comment