Monday, September 23, 2013

152: Sage Biscuits


Finally: biscuits. I've caved. With the cupcakes and the soon-to-be pate, I'm just going all out butter and sugar lately. It's ok, I had yogurt and veggies for lunch.

Something was a little off in the proportions for this recipe. They wanted me to make a 7"x7"x1" shape with the dough, but that definitely wasn't happening with what the ingredients created. And I'm still (per usual) having browning issues with my oven, despite leaving the dough a good extra 7 minutes to do its thing in there.

But biscuits = butter = delicious, so it's little petty squabbling. They're mighty tasty, and I'm hoping that letting them hang out overnight will help that sage flavor infuse a little more. Any leftovers will get thrown in the freezer for future breadless breakfasts.




No comments:

Post a Comment