Tuesday, December 3, 2013

238: Turnips with Yogurt and Tomatoes


So my yogurt sauce separated. To be fair the picture accompanying this Saveur recipe seems to show a little separation, too. Don't get me wrong, this tastes lovely, but looks mean a lot with food and I'm not sure I'd serve this to someone else... at least until I figured out what happenend.

Part of it is my ratio- I only used one (large) turnip and scaled back everything...except still used one whole tomato. More liquid = longer heating to thicken the sauce = yogurt graininess. I also read that high fat yogurt will hold up better to heat (this was fat free), so were I try this again I'd have a few avenues for improvement. There is another yogurt dish I've been meaning to try with the remaining bits of my share, maybe I'll put it into practice there.

No comments:

Post a Comment